The county of Northumberland is described as England’s last great wilderness! This must be interpreted in the nicest possible sense! It means that, in this lovely part of the country, you can still find areas of truly unspoilt beauty and total tranquillity.
You can, however, if you so wish, find the largest shopping mall in Europe, bustling cities, beautiful empty beaches, as well as sites of great antiquity and bloody history.
In short, whatever your taste, you are likely to find this area totally absorbing, and it will probably call you back again and again! Especially if you’re enjoying the warm welcome and comfortable and relaxed atmosphere of the Riverdale Hall Hotel.
Here is a merest taste of the attractions you can enjoy around and about while staying at the Riverdale Hall Hotel:
- The vast length of the Roman Wall;
- The picturesque market town of Hexham, Northumberland;
- Europe’s largest man-made lake, Kielder Water;
- The site of the birth of Christianity in England, Lindisfarne on Holy Island;
- The vibrant commercial centre of the North East, the Metro Centre and Newcastle-upon-Tyne.